Funding Projects: Rules and Regulations
Money has been put aside for funding independent study and thesis projects within the Keck Science Department. Although we have budgeted a certain amount per student, there are no set limits. Some projects require lots of supplies, others few. In any event, no single project will be reimbursed for expenses over $200 without review by the department budget committee.
Our rules on reimbursement for thesis and independent study expenses are as follows:
- Typing costs, paper, Xeroxing, and binding of a thesis are all costs borne by the student. Every course has its associated costs for books and supplies.
- If, however, you foresee large expenditures (over $30 for example) for your project, you may ask for reimbursement. Appropriate expenses include equipment and supply costs and some transportation, especially if it is important item for your research.
- You should always receive prior approval of your expenditures from your thesis director and should order supplies and equipment through the department as we can often get a discount. You should always keep original receipts for any purchases as we cannot get reimbursement from the business office without them.
- Pitzer students should apply as soon as possible to the Pitzer Research and Development Committee for student research funds.
- Equipment and Space Usage
- Funding Student Projects
- Goals and Philosophy of Senior Thesis
- Guidelines and Document Formatting
- Key Policy
- Poster Presentation Guide
- Poster Printing Guidelines and Procedures
- Thesis Student Login