Majors and Courses
Science and Management
This program is designed to provide students with a solid background in science as well as a grounding in managerial skills. The requirements are slightly different for each college, please click the link below to see the requirements for your college.
Keck Science Common Learning Outcomes
Students completing a major in the Keck Science Department should demonstrate the ability to:
1. Use foundational principles to analyze problems in nature.
2. Develop hypotheses and test them using quantitative techniques.
3. Articulate applications of science in the modern world.
4. Effectively communicate scientific concepts both verbally and in writing.
Student Learning Outcomes
The Science and Management major aims to prepare students to be leaders at the interface of science and business and in related fields.
It is important that Science and Management majors:
- 1. Master the principles in their specific sequence/track (molecular biology, environmental biology, chemistry, physics, or other fields) and acquire the ability to apply them to solving problems including research questions.
- 2. Master the fundamental principles of economics and accounting.
- 3. Gain experience in the world outside the classroom.
- Economics-Engineering (CMC)
- Environment, Economics, and Politics (CMC, Scripps)
- Environmental Analysis
- Human Biology (Pitzer)
- Management Engineering(CMC, Pitzer)
- 3-2 Engineering (Scripps)
- Molecular Biology
- Organismal Biology
- Science and Management