Research is pivotal to the Keck Science academic experience. It’s where classroom learning is transformed into lab and field discovery, where theory becomes practice, and where scientific questions are answered. All majors except for the dual engineering program pursue a senior thesis project; this experience will provide a capstone to your education and help you to build the foundation for graduate school or professional research work.
You will be strongly supported in your research by your collaborators – our faculty – all of whom do research and offer a wide range of projects to get involved with. We also offer an extensive summer research program, in which students receive paid 10-week fellowships to work with faculty throughout the department.
At Keck Science, you’ll have access to fully equipped research labs and the diverse instrumentation required to perform leading-edge scientific research. Research happens here, and you’re the one who’ll make it happen. To learn more about the Keck Science Department’s research opportunities and procedures, visit this link.
It is important to apply EARLY for summer research positions. You should apply during the early spring semester for Keck Science Department summer positions as well as outside summer research opportunities. Below are some resources to help you find summer research opportunities so you can further explore your interest in conducting health related research and beyond.
- Equipment and Space Usage
- Funding Student Projects
- Goals and Philosophy of Senior Thesis
- Guidelines and Document Formatting
- Key Policy
- Poster Presentation Guide
- Poster Printing Guidelines and Procedures
- Thesis Student Login
- Thesis Checklist
General Research Resources
- Chemical Hygiene Plan
- Human Subjects Research Information
- Research News Flash
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Animal Usage Request
- Animal Usage Continuing Review
- Summer Research Opportunities
- Research Seminars
- Past Seminars
- Scholarships and Fellowships
- Sigma Xi
- Bernard Field Station
- Firestone Center for Restoration Ecology
- Roberts Environmental Center
- Vaccine Development Institute